[whatwg] markup as authored in practice

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:09:39 -0500
Mike Schinkel wrote:
> Elliotte Rusty Harold  wrote:
>>> People who hand edit can handle some simple
>>> well-formedness rules.
>
> I think that is wishful thinking, unless we deliberately want to limit the number of people who can contribute on the web.

For a long time we not so deliberately did limit the Web to people who
were comfortable hand editing tags. Then blogs came along, and changed
all that. (Wikis too.) There's an order of magnitude more people
publishing now than there used to be a few years ago, and blog usability
is largely the reason. Optional angle bracket syntax is one reason for
that, though there are others (automated site structures and content
upload are probably more important)

?Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!