Re: WebVR and DRM

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:47 PM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> These are none of them accusing people of crimes, or attributing beliefs
> to others.

I firmly believe that anti-competitive behavior is a crime. I also believe
that in due time legislation will wake up to the fact that DRM is
effectively just a tool of anti-competitive behavior (though sadly this has
not happened yet, although, some people in France thought so). I think
anti-user oriented technology are harmful to society, users and developers.
And I think it should be a crime to subvert society with anti-societal
technology. This will take a bit longer than toppling DRM, but apparently
some people in Germany have woken up to the harmful uses of technology to
society and started to enforce laws to limit that impact (just ask
Facebook). But this are the early days of society waking up, and the first
feeble attempts at grappling with the problems.