Re: Getting rid of SDP

On 6 March 2018 at 00:28, Sergio Garcia Murillo
<sergio.garcia.murillo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's how it should be. But it happens that we have RTCRtpEncodings
>> defining RTP related stuff such as SSRC, RID, payload type, and so on
>
> We are talking about a new low level encoders/decoders objects, not about
> current rtp senders/receivers.

Yes, I know. And those should be decoupled (rather than mixed as they
are now). That way, implementing a new transport (QUIC) would be
feasible.

BTW I'd also like to have a better way to separate which encoding
parameters and which packetization parameters must be signaled to the
other party and which ones no.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo