Re: What would you like to see in WebRTC next? A low-level API?

Thank you for this fruitful discussion.

Yes, JavaScript programs cannot handle RTP-binary currently.

In the case which user handle data generated in JavaScript on Browser,
the metadata plan would works perfectly.
In my case, we need to consider getUserMedia API or another API which
offer tactile data to JavaScript programs.

I am sure you already know about this but video follows this flow.

(A-1)get raw data -> (A-2)encode -> (A-3)generate RTP packets ->
(A-4)transmit(on MediaStream) -> (A-5)extract payload -> (A-6)decode ->
(A-7)buffering -> (A-8)play

Also, tactile data follows this flow.

(B-1)get raw data -> (B-2)encode -> (B-3)packetize -> (B-4)transmit(on
DataChannel) -> (B-5)de-packetize -> (B-6)decode -> (B-7)buffering ->
(B-8)play

In the metadata plan, (B-1)processes in JavaScript programs need to set
metadata to (A-1)process in Browser, and (B-7)processes also need to get
metadata from (A-7)process.
Then browsers also need to offer methods and event triggers for
(B-1)and(B-7).
Ideally, it is the best if Browsers have tactile encoders and decoders
like video in the future.
Currently, my program gets tactile data through serial device API for
Chrome App.

As for the getUserMedia, I have one more problem.
In my understanding, one getUserMedia API call grabs only one camera.
To make a 3D vision, videos from two eyes must be synchronized perfectly.
But the synchronization between medias from another getUserMedia API
calls isn't supported.

Best Regards,
Toshiya Nakakura