Re: maxHeight and maxWidth

The use case is the one that Adam started it with, which is sending exactly
90 pixels tall with an RtpSender, which is not possible if the track
outputs something smaller than 90 (even with maxHeight, it's still not
possible).

So then the question becomes: can we create a video track that outputs
exactly 90 pixels in height?  If so, then it's possible to make an
RtpSender send exactly 90 pixels in height (assuming the
DegradationPreference of "maintain-resolution" is very strict).  If not,
then this use case is impossible.

I merely choose MediaRecorder as an alternative use case for wanting a
video track of an exact resolution to simplify the discussion.   I can't
think of any other use cases for a fixed-resolution video track.  But the
real question is whether Adam's proposed use case is even possible to solve.

But while we're talking about video tracks, I am suprised that we don't
have something as simple as and useful as something like this:

var smallTrack = bigTrack.scale({downBy: 2})
var tinyTrack = bigTrack.scale({downToHeight: 90}).crop({toRatio: 16/9})

Of course, we could big-shed this for years, but the idea is have the
ability to do some processing on track to get a new track.  I thought that
track cloning and applyConstraints() could get us something like this, but
it sounds like you're saying that it can't.