Re: maxHeight and maxWidth

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> wrote:

> I think we should add this. It is very easy to implement. It is very
> intuitive for JS developers to use. And it is what developers usually want
> when they are trying to produce video that fills a fixed size portion of
> display where it is rendered.
> ​  ​

It works correctly across things like video resizes with no glitches. It
> also makes it easier to gateway to things that don't have the ability to
> deal with video that changes size on the fly.

​W
hat about resolution degradation or a screencast resizing down below the
set max?  How
​are these things that can't handle video size changes going to
 handle the situations when the video is smaller than the expected fixed
size?  ​

> We would use this for spark and other things.

For those of us not familiar with spark, could you please provide more
detail about why maxHeight is needed?  Is it the use case of "only 90
pixels tall" that originated this thread, or is a different one?​
​