Re: maxHeight and maxWidth

On Feb 13, 2016, at 06:38, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Just a small note (without the ambition to interfere with the
> discussion): I think the above is also valid for maxFramerate that we
> recently introduced.

[BA]  Where maxFramerate is combined with resolutionScaleDownBy there are benefits beyond what is possible with cloning (e.g. not possible to generate identical simulcast streams).  That is not the case when maxHeight/maxWidth/maxFramerate are the sole controls - because there no longer is explicit instruction to the browser about how the simulcast encodings are to relate to each other.