Re: Towards Simulcast

Den 16. okt. 2015 15:10, skrev Adam Roach:
> On 10/16/15 02:52, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>> And this is not because there are no issues; picking out a random
>> topic from discussion:
>> We still don't have a defined interpretation for
>>
>> m=video .... 117
>> a=imageattr:117 send [x=40:180 y=40:180]
>> a=simulcast: send rid=11;12
>> a=rid:11 send pt=117 max-width=80
>> a=rid:12 send pt=117 max-width=200
>>
>> (that is - if rid and imageattr with pt apply to the same stream, do
>> they both apply, or does one override the other? If they conflict, is
>> the stream invalid and should be rejected?)
>
> Can you raise a specific objection with the explanation about how this
> is currently described?
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pthatcher-mmusic-rid-01#section-9

Thanks - this is new text in the -01 draft, and I hadn't read the -01
draft before I sent my message. I have issues with the proposed
mechanism, but they're different from "no description", and I'll raise
them on mmusic.

>> And the RID draft still doesn't reference a definition of a bitrate
>> for the (extremely useful) "max-br" field; given the time we've spent
>> on bitrate definitions in the past, this is not encouraging.
>
> Can you raise a specific objection with how this is currently defined?
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pthatcher-mmusic-rid-01#section-6

This is new text in -01 too, thanks for adding it!

It would be even simpler if this referenced some other definition, so
that we don't have to read the definition in detail to figure out if
b=TEAS (????) can be counted using the same counter or not.

I'll mention that on mmusic too.