Re: RTCStatsType value for datachannel stata

On 15 January 2015 at 13:06, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On 1/15/15 1:54 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
>> On a related topic to this, I think we should change this from an enum to
>> a string because of the issues where we can't extent an enum in webIDL
>
> I believe we're only in trouble if we take RTCStatsType as input somewhere,
> I don't think we do.

Yes.  The hack for constraints was necessary to allow applications to
provide input values that the browser wasn't ready for yet in specific
contexts.  There, we didn't want the browser to fail immediately
because the values there are sort-of-guidelines.  RTCStatsType is pure
output, so no issue there.