Re: Next steps on RTCRtpSender "doohickey" proposal

On 2014-05-08 08:07, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> (as contributor) +1 from me.

Ditto.

> One nit: The following should be legal:
>
> addTrack(track, streamId1)
> addTrack(track, streamId2)
>
> this means that one track should be presented to the receiver as part of
> two streams.

I still think that conveying the MediaStream(s) a track belongs to using
SDP adds unnecessary complexity to the API and the solution.

But if we should, why not make the second (and optional) argument to
addTrack a list of streamId's instead (I proposed that in [1])?

If you can call addTrack several times with the same track as first
argument but different streamId's, what should happen at the far end if
you carry out an SDP O/A between the calls?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2014May/0009.html