Re: Update of RTCRtpSender "doohickey" proposal

On 2 May 2014 06:18, Jim Barnett <1jhbarnett@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that implicit cloning  is bad.  However it might be worthwhile to
> remember why anyone ever thought it was a good idea, just so we don't miss
> anything.  Was it to avoid the assigment of conflicting constraints/settings
> to the track in the different PCs (i.e. pre-doHickey)?

The idea, as I recall, was that you would be able to do some "extra"
things with the clone that is attached to the PC.  That originally
included mainly status variables, stats, etc..., but it was also
envisaged that it include the things we are doing with
RTCRtpSender/Receiver.