Re: Improvements suggestion for DataChannels

On 2014-02-26 13:08, piranna@gmail.com wrote:
>>> So as conclussion, I have to admit that with the current specification
>>> >>

>> >I don't have anything in particular against being able to list the channels.
>> >I will note that in a "proxy" case where both sides connect to an
>> >intermediary/central-server, both sides (or all sides) may believe they're
>> >the creator (or offerer) or that the other side was, so it can be dangerous
>> >to make generic assumptions there - but this is largely just a caveat to the
>> >application to be cautious. The strongest argument against is that the
>> >functionality is already (as you say) implementable in userspace for those
>> >who need it without major trouble.
>> >
> As you said, it's an application level issue, so being the developer
> cautious on this use case it's enough. And regarding to the list of
> DataChannels, as I show you it's possible to do it, but it would be
> easier and cleaner to have it natively.

I still think we should avoid having a list of DataChannels on the
PeerConnection object since we don't have a counterpart for
PeerConnection.removeStream() for DataChannels. This means that, to make
it possible to ever garbage collect DataChannel objects,
DataChannel.close() would need to have a side effect that removed the
channel from its PeerConnection or we would have to add a new method to
do that. Both are strange an unmotivated IMO.

/Adam