Re: Notification callback for RTCPeerConnection

On 03/03/2014 07:48 AM, Kiran Kumar wrote:
> Hi Harald,
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Actually, I missed the oniceconnectionstatechange while providing
> above example, which will be covered by existing callbacks.
> But AFAIK, single call-back to all the notifications which can
> distinguish with a notification type enum or string, will be more
> useful for extending the notifications in future.

I think I disagree with this API design philosophy.

Notification events (these aren't callbacks! sorry for abusing the
terminology) need to carry the context for which they make sense; this
may be carried in the event name or in the event argument, but needs to
be carried all the same.

If you jumble all events together under one event name, and then extend
the API by adding new stuff happening under the old event name, you will
have new events being fired at old handling code. This is unlikely (in
my opinion) to be a Good Thing.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.