Re: What should happen to the ICE gathering state when iceTransports is changed?

On Jul 15, 2014, at 12:59, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 July 2014 10:04, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
>> More generally, I wonder if iceTransports changes should always take effect
>> on the next ICE restart, meaning that even changes of relay->all during
>> gathering would have no effect until ICE restart occurs. One mode of
>> operation = less chance for apps to get it wrong.
>
> I think that we need to wait for a restart too.
>
> That does increase the cost of making the switch, which isn't without
> consequence,

Sure, but I'm having a really hard time coming up with use cases that would motivate this kind of switch in the middle of connectivity checks. In other words, I suspect that the consequences here are probably not all that interesting.

I agree that we should wait for a restart.

/a