Re: What should happen to the ICE gathering state when iceTransports is changed?

On 15 July 2014 10:04, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
> More generally, I wonder if iceTransports changes should always take effect
> on the next ICE restart, meaning that even changes of relay->all during
> gathering would have no effect until ICE restart occurs. One mode of
> operation = less chance for apps to get it wrong.

I think that we need to wait for a restart too.

That does increase the cost of making the switch, which isn't without
consequence, but I think that - again - it's the only option that
stands a good chance of not breaking stuff.  I really don't know how
ICE (assuming trickle) might behave in reaction to a release of a new
set of candidates at arbitrary points.  Early on: sure, fine.  After
nomination is done, I really don't think it's going to produce a
good/useful outcome in all cases.  Not without a lot of work, anyway.