Re: W3C has a new process, should we adopt it?

On 03/12/14 17:23, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 3 December 2014 at 07:56, Stefan Håkansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> We think the new process is an improvement; its main drawback is
>> that W3C as a community has less experience with it (obviously).
>

> Having a Last Call state on a document has always seemed artificial.
> I would assume that you would still intend to have a last call of some
> sort, but have that a "soft state", rather than something informal.
> Would you care to articulate what you intend to do to solicit "wide"
> review for documents?

We have not discussed that yet. To me it seems natural to reach out to
groups and individuals we feel could provide valuable feedback, who
would be implementing or using what we produce, etc. That is also what
is said in https://www.w3.org/wiki/DocumentReview more or less, and
there it is also proposed that the groups listed under "Dependencies and
Liaisons" in the charter would be a starting point.