Re: In defense of AddStream

Martin and Adam already said most of what I was going to say. One
additional comment...

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>wrote:

> I know this may make me sound like an antediluvian, but still, someone's
> got to say it...
>
> I like the doohickeys. I really do. But I fear that by adopting,
> willy-nilly, a doohickey-centric model, rather than adding doohickeys to
> the track/stream model, we're creating a huge amount of states with subtle
> semantics that we really don't have the full perspective to sort out - and
> without a corresponding benefit.
>
> The model we've been working on so far is this:
>
> MediaStreams are designed to fit with HTML5 Media objects. Their semantics
> be fed one and only one MediaStream. (to my mind, that's the only argument
> in favour of MediaStreams - but it's an important one).

I agree this is the only argument in favor of MediaStreams. Making
MediaStreams a lightweight grouping mechanism, as proposed, allows
MediaStream to be useful for this one purpose, and not get in the way
everywhere else.