Re: In defense of AddStream

On 2013-11-15 10:59, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> I know this may make me
> sound like an antediluvian, [...]

I think that Adam addressed all your concerns adequately.  I'll point
out that addStream would still exist and have the same behaviour.

Like Adam, the idea that a Doohickey has a life of its own is not
interesting to me.

> receiver gets some knowledge of existing streams on the sender
> side, but has no way to know if he got all the tracks for each stream

That's an interesting point, but it's dependent on the sender
disassembling streams in the first place.  I'm going to have to assume
that the sender knows what they are doing in that case.  It's
analogous to creating a new MediaStream with the subset of tracks and
sending that today.