Re: New editor's draft (v20130603)

On 2013-06-04 16:34, Randell Jesup wrote:
> On 6/3/2013 10:37 AM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> A new version of the editor's draft is available.
>>
>> Dated version:
>> http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/archives/20130603/webrtc.html
>> Living document: http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html
>>
>> Changes include:
>>     Added IceRestart constraint.
>>     Big updates on DataChannel API to use new channel setup procedures.
>>
>> Please review and provide feedback.
>>
>> Adam (for the editors)
>>

> One issue:   In RTCDataChannelInit:
>
>      boolean          negotiated  <http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html#widl-RTCDataChannelInit-negotiated>  =true;
>
> The default should be false - it should be set to true on any
> externally-negotiated channel.

Oh, I interpreted preNegotiated (skipped the "pre" -> negotiated) as a
property on the channel that makes the user agent negotiate the channel
for you in-band. I.e., it's pre-negotiated (or just negotiated) meaning
that you (the developer) doesn't have to worry about negotiation; the
opposite of "externally-negotiated".

Should we use externallyNegotiated (default false) instead? That makes
sense on both sides.

/Adam