Re: nitpicking the code and examples

On 02/06/2013 08:34 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 6 February 2013 14:13, Timothy B. Terriberry <tterriberry@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> Martin Thomson wrote:
>>>
>>> My bad.  This is definitely something that we need to discuss: how and
>>> when incoming streams are passed to the application.
>>

>> The current spec says it happens when you call setRemoteDescription(), as
>> you suggested. What is Cullen's objection?
>>
>> We also need to discuss how the SDP gets converted into MediaStreams, both
>> when msid attributes are present (assuming the IETF ever finishes
>> standardizing msid) and when they aren't (the "legacy interop" case).
>
> I think that Cullen's objection relates to the latter case, but he is
> no doubt receiving this email and can make his own assertions.
>
> The legacy case is somewhat sticky: I don't know what
> (MediaStreamTrack) identifiers are attached to those streams.  What is
> most interesting is the case where msid attributes arrive after the
> first packets, which is possible...maybe.

I think the browser could not do anything sensible until it gets the
answer. If it has msid data in it, then it can assemble the
MediaStream(s) accordingly. If there is no msid info it would have to do
the default thing (which I think currently is to create one MediaStream
object with tracks for all RTP streams in it).