Re: WebRTC Web APIs for On-board Multimedia Devices Handling and Control

Adam,
The latest draft for Media Capture and Streams W3C Editor's Draft 05
November 2013 contains a new section addressing parts of my requested
detailed below in section - *8.Enumerating Local Media Devices*. The prior
drafts did not have/specify this section nor the content related to these
capabilities/APIs.

I'd like to thank and appreciate you and your team for taking my request
and incorporating those into the specification.

I think some of what I'd requested and written down - like events related
to the change in device availability etc. capabilities still seem to be not
specified and I believe such capabilities will be necessary for an
enjoyable end-user experience which will drive the growth of webRTC and
make web more useful than what it is today.

--
Regards,
Venkateswar Reddy Melachervu

Hi

We have two documents that specify, or is the place to specify, what you
want.

Media Capture and Streamshttp://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia.html
This document specifies how the script can get access to local media
input devices. It's also the place to read about how you can control
these devices (look for constraints).

WebRTC 1.0: Real-time Communication Between
Browsershttp://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html
This document specifies the API which you use to send and receive
streams from other browsers (or misc WebRTC peers).

/Adam