Re: No way to specify remote constraints?

Hi Martin,

Apologies, but I think we are misunderstanding each other. Just to be
100% clear, I am trying to do this:

"Sender" sends "Receiver" video at 1080p
"Receiver" only needs 640x480, so I want "Receiver" to execute some code
on its side that will tell "Sender" to stop sending 1080p and instead
send 640x480 over the wire.
The goal is to reduce bandwidth usage.

I suspect the following answers no longer make sense in light of the
above problem definition.

On 02/12/2013 2:23 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 2 December 2013 11:19, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
>> Why do I need to clone() the video track before modifying it?
> I assumed that you might want to keep the old one.

Why would I want Sender to send me the same stream twice? If I really
wanted to display the same video using two different resolutions, I'd
send the video once over the wire and scale it on Receiver's end.

>> What is the relationship between a cloned VideoTrack and the original
>> MediaStream?
> No relationship.  The new track is a little orphan.  You'll need a new
> stream to house this track if you want to use it though.

<confused> How could Receiver create a new stream and associate the
track with it? Don't I need this track to be connected to Sender somehow?

Thanks,
Gili