Re: Transport related API need

On 2013-08-08 19:31, Roman Shpount wrote:
> I should be able to specify which codecs are present and their codec
> preference order (I want H.264 if supported by the browser instead of
> VP8, if I know that remote party supports both but will need to
> transcode VP8).

In my ignorance, I thought SDP O/A did sort out which codec to use
really well. Isn't this handled by the other endpoint, in a response,
only says H.264, or puts H.264 before VP8 (if both were offered)?

> This should also include ability to specify the same
> codec multiple times with different parameters (for instance iLBC with
> two different payloads for mode=20 and mode=30).

What parameters do you have in mind? And what use case are solved? And I
assume that you can only have one set of parameters for one
MediaStreamTrack (to be sent).

> I should be able to control ptime and maxptime (including getting rid of
> ptime all together) per m-line.

Could this (from an application point of view) be expressed in terms
like "low delay"?