Re: First agenda draft f2f TPAC

On 10/22/2012 10:14 AM, Stefan Hakansson LK wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 04:02 PM, Eric Rescorla wrote:
>> Stefan,
>>
>> We also need to plan some time to discuss Identity (this was
>> discussed on
>> the call the other day, but I guess it got lost).  I think it's in
>> pretty good shape
>> but there are some smaller issues that are still open, I think.
>>
>> Here's an agenda item:
>>
>> * Identity
>>    * Provider registration
>>    * Message passing details
>>    * Priority order
>>    * Interaction with certificate-based authentication
>>
>> This seems like about 60 minutes worth of stuff.
>
> Eric, thanks for providing feedback. We had identity of the first
> "possible topics" proposal, but removed it on the first draft of the
> agenda as we felt other things being more important to deal with
> really soon. We'll definitely consider putting it back (but there is
> always a balance - if you add too many topics you may end up in
> getting none sorted)!

Stefan, I understand and appreciate the argument of too many topics, but
Identity is really important to Mozilla and our implementation
schedule.  We have already started coding up Identity support for
Firefox, and we're in danger of soon being blocked because certain
details haven't yet been nailed down.  In particular, we really need to
spend time on IdP registration and the precise details of the messaging
model.  Please consider adding Identity back to the agenda.

Thanks,
-Maire