Re: Synchronous getUserMedia proposal

On 5 November 2012 13:13, Stefan Hakansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 01:17 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
>> It might be possible to combine those two things into an onready
>> event.
> Agree, but I think onunmute could be used for this (but we could of course
> rename it to onready or something like that). I.e. status of the tracks
> delivered immediately by gUM is MUTED, and this changes to LIVE (and fires
> the unmute event) once the used gives consent, but changes to ENDED (and
> fires ended) instead of MUTED for the tracks the user does not give consent
> to.

Collapsing the two states (start, end) and (mute, unmute) is possible,
but I had thought that these would remain separate variables.  I can
imagine granting consent to a muted source.  That is often how I
prefer to start conference calls.  Collapsing the states would result
in some loss of information.