From: Christer Holmberg [christer.holmberg@ericsson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:24 PM
To: Bernard Aboba; public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: RE: [rtcweb] H.264 SVC and BUNDLE

Hi,

>There is an ongoing discussion on the MMUSIC list about the interaction
>between BUNDLE and dependency groupings (which are used in RFC 6190 to
>describe linkage between layers).  See:
>http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mmusic/current/msg09520.html
>
>The issue is not so much about exactly how BUNDLE and existing SDP
>functionality interact (I am assuming that will get figured out eventually),
>but rather about the implications of using evolving SDP proposals in an API.
>
>Do we expect the SDP output by the API to change as the IETF drafts change?
>
>Or are we really talking about "dialects" of SDP, one spoken between an
>application and the browser (presumably maintained by W3C) and another
>dialect spoken on the wire (presumably maintained by IETF MMUSIC) that
>growing increasingly out of sync over time?

Well, I would of course hope that the API uses the BUNDLE RFC - which is why trying to solve the BUNDLE issues is very high at least on my priority list :)

(That's the reason I was pinging about the SVC issue, but I'll take that discussion on the MMUSIC list.)

But, I guess that applies to whatever IETF mechanism we want to use.

Regards,

Christer