From: Dan Wing [dwing@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:32 AM
To: Christer Holmberg; public-webrtc@w3.org; rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [rtcweb] H.264 SVC and BUNDLE

The general multiplexing of layers onto the same 5-tuple is a problem,
*if* we want the layers to have different DSCP values.  This is because
we cannot successfully and reliably set different DSCP values for packets
belonging to a 5-tuple over the Internet -- too many things rewrite
the DSCP field (to a different value) or simply clear the DSCP field.
This makes it impossible to restore the per-packet DSCP values later
(e.g., using RSVP, or using any other better/stronger/faster signaling
method).  If, however, each 5-tuple has its own DSCP value then that
DSCP value could be restored.

-d