RE: Microsoft API Proposal

In order to further clarify, I think it makes sense to consider the "Microsoft API Proposal" as a proposed set of deltas from the existing edit of the document. It was written in full specification format in order for clearer reading of some of these deltas that are fairly significant.

I'm not sure what would be easiest for the editors or chairs, but perhaps it would make sense to take a list of these individual differences and turn them into issues in the issue tracker to be resolved. Some of these are quite non-controversial, such as congestion feedback information that we have proposed exposing that others on the list have agreed should be exposed but for which APIs are not yet documented. Others, of course, will elicit some discussion and debate, such as the proposal to replace SDP or to remove the offer/answer state machine logic.

A starting, but likely incomplete list of issues, might have titles like:

- Testing of continued connection liveness
- Are MediaStreams mutable objects?
- Provide congestion feedback API for flows
- Serialization of duplicated tracks
- Rollback of offers
- Programmatic description of described streams
- Learning of network change events
- Learn what ICE candidates are in use
- Pausing and muting of streams
- Description of state/behavior is currently incomplete
- Priority allocation
- DTMF onTone event
- Control connection establishment based on certificate
- API for discovering capabilities
- Bandwidth allocation
- Bandwidth estimation feedback
- Expose additional ICE state
- Document how the different state machines interact
- Interoperability with varying ICE and ICE-like agents
- H.264 SVC support
- Set Security Description
- Remove offer/answer
- Split SDP between PeerConnection and MediaStream
- Remove SDP

If it would be helpful, we could produce either a document or a series of emails to the list listing the specific changes proposed for each of these items.

Matthew Kaufman