-Art Barstow

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:46:14 +0200
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>

The chairs propose to adopt the APIs discussed in the WhatWG
(http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/webrtc.html) as one
starting point for discussion. There are several reasons for this: this
set of APIs have been in the public domain for over a year (based on
feedback a big overhaul was made in March this year), there are ongoing
implementation efforts (building more knowledge), and finally a concrete
API proposal could spur discussions in the group (on this mail list).

If the WG is OK with this we would ask for the API proposal to be
published as a W3C document. This will be done in a week from now if
there is not strong opposition from the WG participants. (We will also
bring this up for discussion in the telco next Tuesday).

Francois, Harald and Stefan