Re: Proposal to adopt API as starting point

I'm not in favor of just having the WG rubber stamp what google already shipped. It's have talked to many people that feel we should consider how to solve some of the problems. I did not realize that the WG was at the point of adopting a proposal given there has been pretty much zero technical discussions in this WG up to this point.

I think we should set a reasonable time line of when we have some proposals, then try and see what sort of proposal we can get - I've seen proposal in documents from Ericsson, Google, and Cisco. Once we have that, then it would be reasonable to try and decide on what we would like to adopt, how we could merge proposals, and who to move forward. We very well may decide that the whatwg proposal is the right starting point - but it seems like we should actually encourage some alternative proposals before saying no to them.

Cullen