Re: Agenda, August 11

On 08/11/2016 02:15 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Agenda:
>
> - Preparation for interim week of Aug 23 (Bernard)
Slideset is shared. Some trouble has happened; shared again during the call.

> - Tidying the specs?
Yes, needed. Dan can't manage to get it to compile the way Travis used
to do it....
AI on me to ask Dom to run Tidy.

> - The usual
>
> - AOB
>

> Mediacapture-main
> =================
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #379 JS should see devicechange events during active gum call (r ()
>
> I thought it was not needed. This week I'm not sure. But pretty sure it
> does no harm.
Merged. Test cases will show if it's possible to get there.

> #381 Add pre-grant deviceId alternative (Rebased). ()
Merged.

> LGTM
>
> Issues
> ------
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (stefhak)
>
> No signs of convergence from the "other debates" on what standard
> practice will be.
>
> #350 New permission definitions are wrong. (alvestrand)
>
> A PR is open on the permission specs. Jan-Ivar and I still disagree, I
> think.
>
> #359 MUST clear requirement for deviceId (aboba)
>
> PR #381 should clear this.
Closed.

> #360 Specify relation between return from getConstraints and con (burnburn)
> #366 WebIDL requires constraints on getUserMedia to be optional (burnburn)
Dan will look at these next week.
> #371 Privacy issue with media capture and fingerprinting room ac ()
>
> Discussion seems to have died down. A paragraph in security
> considerations? Volunteers?
Added to Dan's list.

> #380 Remove redundant list-devices permission. ()
>
> I disagree with Jan-Ivar, at least.
Discussion is ongoing.

> WebRTC-PC
> =========
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #624 Upscale allowed (fluffy)
>
> No update.
>
> #695 Meaning of "Liveness checks have failed" (adam-be)
>
> Next VI (holdover from previous VI)
>
> #716 Improve error handling for IdP proxy interactions (stefhak)
>
> Merge?
Merged.

> #719 The IdP environment can be spoofed (stefhak)
>
> Merge?
Merged.

> #721 Specify the synchronous and queued steps for addIceCandidat (aboba)
>
> Merge conflicts. Content is good.
Bernard will rebase and merge.

> #733 Clarification on RTX in Codec Capabilities/Parameters ()
>
> Merge?
Merged.

> #734 RTCRtpEncodingParameters attribute to turn on/off sending C ()
>
> Looks like what the WG agreed on. Merge?
Merged.

> #737 Fix mistakes in examples. ()
>
> Merge?
Merged.

#739 Issue 566: Replace set of senders/receivers/transceivers with
algorithms.

Not complete yet. Review requests sent out.

> Issues
> ------
>
> #253 Assurance that requests to IdP proxy originate from the use
> (martinthomson)
>
> Closed by PR #719?
Closed.

> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
>
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (burnburn)
>
> This is the master bug for that topic. Status?
Dan needs to run over the list again. Lots are fixed.

> #526 NetworkError event is not defined and might not be needed (adam-be)
> #548 RTX/RED/FEC handling (aboba)
Closed
> #551 Errors when identifying a m-line in addIceCandidate() (adam-be)
> #554 We never fire the 'connectionstatechange' event (adam-be)
> #555 Sort out requirements around IdpLoginError (martinthomson)
> #561 Normatively cite webrtc-stats for sections 8.x (alvestrand)
> #562 What to do with an RTCIdentityProvider that returns rubbish
> (martinthomson)
> #566 Separate sender and receiver sets are unnecessary when we h (burnburn)
Related to the new PR (#739, in review)
It's not editorial - in working through it, the algorithm changed.
> #578 Need to specify precisely when MID generation happens (adam-be)
> #579 Congruenting about "The negotiation-needed flag is cleared  (adam-be)
> #600 Operations queue: What is run synchronously before the oper (adam-be)
> #644 Fob on RTCRtpEncodingParameters to turn on and off sending  (aboba)
Closed
> #645 public negotiation-needed flag as readonly (adam-be)
> #654 Need JSEP reference for general RTCPeerConnection descripti (burnburn)
> #655 Update JSEP reference to 5.8 (burnburn)
> #658 Link addIceCandidate to JSEP for applying ICE candidate (burnburn)
> #661 Add informative table of all things that can cause negotiat (burnburn)
> #671 Processing remote MediaStreamTracks without MediaStreams in
> (alvestrand)
> #678 Support assertions that identify the recipient (martinthomson)
> #685 Update JSEP reference for receipt of multiple RTP encodings (aboba)
> #687 Clarify reasoning behind and mitigation of privacy issues ( (stefhak)
> #688 Indicators of usage and data flow (PING review) (stefhak)
> #690 Information available prior to permission prompt (PING revi (stefhak)
> #692 Meaning of "Liveness checks have failed" for `disconnected` (adam-be)
> #698 JSEP/WebRTC mismatch on empty remote MID (adam-be)
> #700 An event for when a Circuit Breaker is triggered (stefhak)
> #705 Missing sender identifier attribute (msid) (stefhak)
> #709 offerToReceiveAudio/offerToReceiveVideo remain in implement (adam-be)
> #714 STUN/TURN OAuth token auth parameter handover (aboba)
Interim.