Re: How to use SourceType?

On 04/21/2016 01:03 PM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how is an app supposed to use SourceType?
>
> It is said to be a constrainable property, but it is not part of a
> track's ConstraintSet, nor is it something that can be part of
> MediaStreamConstraints used with mediaDevices.getUserMedia.
>
> Is this an oversight, or am I missing something obvious?
>
> Stefan

I think we once thought that this would have more values as more ways of
producing MediaStreamTracks came on line (from canvas, from <video>,
from remote). Querying "settings" would allow you to see what kind of
source it was. But I think we forgot.

At the current state of things, removing it seems like a good idea.