Promoting Web/W3C Anniversary Symposium?

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:03:02 -0400
To: WebPlatform Community <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Hi, folks–

We've had a request from the W3C Communications team to add a small
temporary promotional banner to WebPlaform.org.

I explained that our site does not advertisements, which this could be
construed as, but said that I'd defer to the Stewards and the community
on this particular instance

Here is what they had in mind for the promotional spot:

[[
    [W3C20 logo [1] which links to http://www.w3.org/20/]

    On 29 October 2014, Join Tim Berners-Lee, global strategists,
    business leaders, and developers for an exciting afternoon of
    insights and discussion about the future of the Web,  followed
    by a gala dinner. <a href="http://regonline.com/w3c20">Register
    today</a> for the <a href="http://www.w3.org/20/">W3C 20th
    Anniversary Symposium </a> in Santa Clara, California.
]]

How would you all feel about this? Would you be okay with this above, or
on any variation? And if you are okay with it, where would this appear
on the site?

[1] http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c20/w3c20-logo.svg

Regards-
-Doug