W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webplatform@w3.org > January 2014

Re: Working upload

From: Julee <julee@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:07:33 -0800
To: Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>, Eliezer Bernart <eliezer.bernart@gmail.com>
CC: Webplatform List <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CF06EE9E.C8DE1%jburdeki@adobe.com>
OK, so it sound to me like the import was successful?! J

-------------------
Julee Burdekin
Content Strategist
Adobe Web Platform
@adobejulee
julee@adobe.com

From:  Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>
Date:  Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM
To:  Eliezer Bernart <eliezer.bernart@gmail.com>
Cc:  WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: Working upload

Another batch of JavaScript page import has completed with tweaks and fixes.
Let me know if there are any outstanding issues:

    http://docs.webplatform.org/test/javascript


On 1/21/2014 12:29 PM, Eliezer Bernart wrote:
> I have some issues on Examples section [1], where all the content is inside
> the "Examples" parameter, when actually there is an inner template to that:
> "Single Example" [2].

Okay, that looks fixed now.  Had to parse out code versus not-code and split
into separate examples when it switched from code to not code.  Example of
multiple examples:

    http://docs.webplatform.org/test/javascript/Array/filter

> About the "Return Value" [3], could we add it in the "JS Syntax" template and
> display it under a main label ==Return value==?

I just made it another JS Syntax Parameter, because in some cases it is
listed that way (by name).  If it has no name, I'm promoting it to become a
parameter named "return value".  Should be good.

> The JS Object doesn't have a "Manual Section", but for now we could duplicate
> this form to "JS Basic", add a manual section (as the "Main content" field in
> {{Basic Page}}[5])  and apply to all the JS pages. Then later we can define
> the topic clusters, design the pages and build a specific semantic form for
> each one of the Categories.

Done, the pages are now {{Topics | JS Basic}} at the bottom.  All the
"leftovers" seem to correctly fit into the "Main Content" form field as
desired now.

A new problem was that I wasn't escaping the | character in tables inside
the template parameters.  That was easy enough to fix with {{!}}.  But if
you jumble together a table end |} and template end }} you end up with this
escape sequence:

{{!}}}}}

And Mediawiki can't handle it.

So I had to artifically add a space after every embedded |} sequence (prior
to escaping) so when it immediately ends with a template close, it parses it
fine:

{{!}}}
}}

Form editing doesn't take out this newline, fortunately (otherwise harmless
edits will wreck the page).
Received on Friday, 24 January 2014 00:08:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:57 UTC