Re: [WPW] Weak start w/ week 1 - repeat?

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Julee Burdekin <julee@adobe.com> wrote:
> We have gotten some interest for week 1, but we did not get everything
> assigned.

The barrier to volunteering is requiring a coordinator to exist before
you can help.  Could we consider ditching the vertical hierarchy and
make it more of a horizontal free-for-all?  The instructions are [1]:
"pick any open task ..., and notify the coordinator."  There wasn't a
coordinator for most of the week, and only having a few minutes here
or there was unable to help, unable to be a coordinator myself.

Each JavaScript page has two vehicles to anarchic volunteering.  Hit
the "+ Add comment" that float to the left of form-aware sections, and
also the "discussion page" (access via Tools | Discussion).  We could
put what we reviewed there somehow.

We then need only one coordinator each week to corral the anarchy into
useful work.  At week end, the coordinator reviews all the comments or
discussions, validates it's all good or makes changes, then sets a
flag (something like "this has been reviewed").

[1] http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Meta:web_platform_wednesday