From: Jen Simmons <jen@jensimmons.com<mailto:jen@jensimmons.com>>
Date: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM
To: WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Subject: task forces and committee meetings

While on my simplification content renovation, I discovered two sections of pages that I think are old and need to be changed.

There's a bunch of information about several weekly meetings. http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Meetings

And a bunch of information about separate task forces:
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Task_Force

This information continues to be presented as if it's current.

So here are my questions:

1) There are no longer any task forces or weekly task force meetings, right? Or have I been missing some secret society that's been going on behind my back for the last  months? :P

2) What shall we do about the dozen+ pages of content about these task forces?
a) delete them all
b) move them to some kind of archive (where? what?)
c) put a note on the top that says "no longer active" somehow, no longer provide links to them from main pages / in the main flow, and otherwise leave them as is

???

What do folks think? There's an argument to be made about keeping history & not deleting the web (see Jeremy Keith) and there's an argument to be made about UX and making things current and usable for today's user.

Jen

Jen Simmons
designer, consultant and speaker
host of The Web Ahead