task forces and committee meetings

From: Jen Simmons <jen@jensimmons.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 14:22:11 -0400
To: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>
While on my simplification content renovation, I discovered two sections of
pages that I think are old and need to be changed.

There's a bunch of information about several weekly meetings.
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Meetings

And a bunch of information about separate task forces:
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Task_Force

This information continues to be presented as if it's current.

So here are my questions:

1) There are no longer any task forces or weekly task force meetings,
right? Or have I been missing some secret society that's been going on
behind my back for the last  months? :P

2) What shall we do about the dozen+ pages of content about these task
forces?
a) delete them all
b) move them to some kind of archive (where? what?)
c) put a note on the top that says "no longer active" somehow, no longer
provide links to them from main pages / in the main flow, and otherwise
leave them as is

???

What do folks think? There's an argument to be made about keeping history &
not deleting the web (see Jeremy Keith) *and* there's an argument to be
made about UX and making things current and usable for today's user.

Jen

Jen Simmons
designer, consultant and speaker
host of The Web Ahead