Re: Is MediaWiki Memcached active?

The only stuff that goes into CurrentSettings.php or TestSettings.php is
settings that are specific to test or current. All shared settings go into
Settings.php and if you were to look in there you'd see:

  # Object cache (and session) settings
  $wgObjectCaches['memcached-pecl'] = array(
          'class'      => 'MemcachedPeclBagOStuff',
          #'serializer' => 'igbinary',
          'servers'    => array(
                  '10.4.193.192:11211',
                  '10.4.214.254:11211',
          )
  );

  $wgMainCacheType = 'memcached-pecl';
  $wgParserCacheType = 'memcached-pecl';
  $wgMessageCacheType = 'memcached-pecl';
  $wgMemCachedPersistent = false;
  $wgUseMemCached = true;
  $wgMemCachedTimeout = 250000;
  $wgMemCachedInstanceSize = 3072;
  $wgSessionCacheType = 'memcached-pecl';
  $wgSessionsInObjectCache = true;

The above is a newer way of configuring memcache. I'm not sure how well
it's documented on mediawiki.org, but it uses the pecl memcached client
rather than mediawiki's old php implementation of memcache.

- Ryan