Is MediaWiki Memcached active?

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:12:47 -0400
Cc: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>
To: Ryan Lane <rlane32@gmail.com>
Hey people

I have a hunch that MediaWiki is not using Memcached at all and I am hoping to be wrong on the matter.

I looked at the documentation [0] CurrentSettings.php, the lines '$wgMainCacheType    = CACHE_MEMCACHED;' are commented and I would like to confirm it is not forgotten as is or it has a reason.

Ryan, can you help me tell me if we have a problem with our current MediaWiki setup and memcached?

PS: I am about to install on monitor a phpMemcachedAdmin instance under a HTTP password protected folder and probably dig to add memcached to log into logStash too.

  [0]: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Memcached, http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgMainCacheType

Regards,

Renoir Boulanger  |  Developer operations engineer
W3C  |  Web Platform Project

http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com/  ✪  @renoirb
~