Re: Thoughts on wpd.mx domain

Well, we don't necessarily need to support it outright. However, people
will do it anyways if they feel it is worth doing. We really need to figure
out if it has an official place and if so where.

For instance, in the IRC bot room #webplatform-bot which announces edits
and new users it is very useful to have the shortened URL for quickly
putting together what page it was on without having the full URL. So, there
are a few niche places it is very useful but outside of those use-cases we
should focus on simply using absolute URLs, which we can also append things
to in order to track campaigns as done through Piwik. I don't think
campaign tracking would work through the wpd.mx domain. So it should never
be used for things we are trying to track the effectiveness of. Which will
really leave using/supporting the wpd.mx scheme as a pure community effort.

All we can really do is use full URLs on anything officially done (which we
should do for the purpose of campaigning). Anything else can use a
shortener like wpd.mx. No real way around it being used.