RE: Getting Started page updated

That is flippin' BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks, Scott (and those who created the query template).

Eliot

From: Scott Rowe [mailto:scottrowe@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:02 AM
To: public-webplatform@w3.org
Subject: Getting Started page updated

Using fr0zenice and Paul Rosenbusch's nifty Configurable_Query template, I've updated the Getting Started page [1], replacing the previous links to old-school query results pages with the Page/Summary tables produced by the Configurable_Query.

The new design breaks tasks out according to three levels, basic, involved, and advanced. Of the involved tasks, some are also broken out by domain (CSS, API, etc.)

This design gets its inspiration from the Move the Web Forward [2] layout, which presents visitors with increasing levels of involvement as they scroll down the page.

We anticipate a need to introduce the WPD Projects with more information under the Advanced task section, and as the Project project evolves, we can fill in this information.

The next item on my list is writing up how to use the Configurable_Query template for contributors. If you want to start using these right away, you can steal mine from my User:Scottrowe page [3]. Just copy the entire page into your own like-named page.

Cheers!
~Scott

[1] http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Getting_Started
[2] http://movethewebforward.org/