Re: URL aliases for WPD without /wiki

From: Denis Ah-Kang <denis@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:39:58 -0400
To: Ryan Lane <rlane32@gmail.com>
CC: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
On 03/21/2013 05:15 PM, Ryan Lane wrote:
> Let's avoid using .htaccess. It's better if these things are done
> through the server configuration. It's easier to troubleshoot things
> when server configuration is done in a single place, and it's easier to
> configuration manage it.

Yes, it's better to have all these things in one place. The redirects
have been added in the Apache configuration directly.

Lea, I limited the redirect to request uris starting by
"/(beginners|css|dom|concepts|accessibility|svg|html|javascript|apis)"
so if we add new pages under www in the future, it won't be caught by
the rewrite rule.
Let me know if there's any issue.

Concerning the 404s, I'll be happy to configure Apache to serve a better
page if you have one.

Denis