Community Development Meeting 3/21

Hi everyone,

This is in response to Doug May's reply to the "Web Platform Meeting Notes
3/15" message on 3/18.

First, THANKS Doug! I appreciate your enthusiasm and attention to this
project. You've got a lot of really good ideas, and I'd like to help you
execute them.

One thing that would help tremendously, maintain the subject of the thread
to which you are responding. If the subject of the thread is the meeting
notes, your response should be constrained by that subject. If you have new
subject matter, start a new thread. This is extremely important on a public
e-mail list, and one of the unwritten rules: Don't hijack the thread! :-)

I've moved your "agenda items" to the Community Task Force
page<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Task_Force/Community>.
The purpose of the task force page is to *outline* the broader project of
the task force. Could you follow through with your items on this page -
make them concise, focus on deliverables, and move them into the
appropriate structure? Also, please consider only those items within the
scope of Community Development, and remove those items that are beyond the
scope:

   - CSS Properties project - belongs in the CSS Properties project
page<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Proposals/CSS_Property_Milestone>
   .
   - Getting to steady state - belongs in the Beta
Requirements<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Proposals/Beta_Requirements>page.
   - Site architecture - a separate project; create one under the
Proposals<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Proposals>page.
   - Dashboard - part of the
Analytics<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Task_Force/Analytics>work.
   - Press kit - use the public-webplatform@w3.org e-mail list for this;
   check with Doug Schepers.

With all of these, you should first raise your issues on the e-mail list
and get comments before editing the project pages.

Finally, I suggest that the items you cited as agenda are too many and too
broad to be covered in Thursday's meeting. We'll only have time to talk
about who is going to do what and when for the Doc Sprint. Since we are
very short of time (less than two weeks), we should plan for only what we
can reasonably handle. We will also take up the subject of establishing an
irregular meeting, and we can consider the broader agenda - and your items
- in determining the schedule for these meetings.

But, Doug, since you're not going to be there to defend yourself :-) ,
let's save the discussion on these other items for later meetings when you
can be there - okay? In the mean time, please hone your "agenda items" in
the Community Task Force
page<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Task_Force/Community>
so
we can consider them.