Re: Proposed content design for HTML element pages

From: Jen Simmons <jen@jensimmons.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 11:50:51 -0500
To: Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>
Cc: Alex Komoroske <komoroske@google.com>, Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>, Julee <julee@adobe.com>, WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org>, Eliezer Bernart <eliezerbernart@gmail.com>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lastly, do you believe it would be useful to have what you did on your Pro
> HTML5 demo with the "Open Editor" link so people can edit the example and
> see it change on the very page?  Basically it's a live editing concept
> where you see the results as you type.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm proposing. I tried to explain as such in the
notes at the bottom of the <nav> example. Running code examples (a la
codepen or jsfiddle or the one Lea created for Web Platform) *embedded into
the page* are ideal. From what I understand, that's not possible on the
current mediawiki website, which is why the running code examples all open
on a separate URL. Julee had the idea of at least putting an example of the
output on the page, even if it's all static and can't be edited. I'd love
to see technology running web platform.org evolve into something that does
support simple, inline, editable code examples.