Re: Importing HTML Reference document

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:23:15 +0100
To: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Cc: mike@w3.org, List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>
On mar., 2013-12-03 at 12:13 -0500, Renoir Boulanger wrote:
> Forking a new thread as it is not about JavaScript API anymore but
> about HTML Reference document.
>
> Although my previous mail was not very clear, my question was about
> finding a way to import content from the HTML Reference document [0]
> and I thought you had some ideas on the subject.

Thanks, much clearer now :)

As I have mentioned in my previous message, the cheatsheet builds on top
of Mike's document, so I have some experience with extracting data from
it and massaging it for re-use; and that could indeed be used to
generate content for WPD; but part of the difficulty is that WPD has
already a lot of content for HTML elements and attributes, and I assume
the goal would not be to replace that content, but to possibly complete
it?

At a higher level, I think there are two things WPD can learn from
Mike's document:
* a useful structure for describing HTML elements and attributes,
* data for that structure for each HTML element and attribute

Dom