Re: Second JS bulk upload

Yes, it’s the site convention that the camelCase for language elements. Feel free to file a bug (and I’d probably for for it! ;-) ). But, let’s not hold up the JS import for that.

I thought all pages created with a space in the URL automatically converted the space to underscore, so I wasn’t too worried about that. If not, it’s the MW convention, so let’s use underscore for spaces in the URLs.

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org<mailto:renoir@w3.org>>
Date: Monday, December 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM
To: Jen Simmons <jen@jensimmons.com<mailto:jen@jensimmons.com>>
Cc: WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Second JS bulk upload

Hi Jen,

I agree with you about spaces (a.k.a.  %20).

I’m sure Max already thought about what a space is in an URL :)

But the conversation is about the page name for internal reference. MediaWiki renames such name with an underscore. So spaces problem is already addressed.

As for the capitalization, we came to the same conclusion. But we are also documenting an API that has naming conventions and this is where some of us agreed to use it only for them.

Example:

   var a = new RegExp(‘foo’);

RegExp has a format, we agreed that the URL will respect that representation.

At the moment no content has been imported in the wiki.

Some of us should spend some time to see the latest import Max made. It is in the test wiki here: [1]

  [1]: http://docs.webplatform.org/test/javascript

Renoir
~