Re: JavaScript/ECMAScript Styling and Citation

From: Andrew Rowls <eternicode@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:23:31 -0400
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
CC: "Pete L." <plamoni@gmail.com>, "WebPlatform.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
> What's the value of consistency? Of course it makes sense in a single code
> base. But here?

How I see it, consistency in examples reinforces consistency in regular coding.  It also makes for one less thing the reader has to think about, particularly if they're new to JS (eg, "why was there a semicolon on this line, but not on that?").

Granted, it's arguably better for them to ask such questions, so they can delve deeper and understand the pros/cons of whatever style they/others use.  But I don't think inconsistent examples should be the trigger for such questions.

Andrew