HTML in markup.

From: Jonathan Garbee <jonathan@garbee.me>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:29:38 -0500
To: public-webplatform@w3.org
Since launch there has been some frustration about the markup being
used.  I suggest we actually allow as much plain HTML markup as
possible.  A list of permitted markup can be found on the MediaWiki site
[1].  This would help clear up some confusion and help stop overloading
the templates like what was brought up in another thread [2]. Also since
most people editing will know HTML markup, they won't need to learn
mediawiki markup to make basic edits (unless they want to deal with
links, then we have an issue.)

Thoughts?

-Garbee

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:HTML_in_wikitext#Permitted_HTML