Re: problems moving API interfaces

more inline

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM, frozenice <frozenice@frozenice.de> wrote:
> See inline comments.
>

> On 16.11.2012 17:20, Mike Sierra wrote:
>>
>> * There was a significant delay in moving the subpages, which threw me
>>    off a bit. I'd suggest a note in the "move page" template about any
>>    expected latency.
>
> What do you mean exactly? You clicked the "Move page" button and the page
> took a while to load
> or the page loaded and it took a while for the subpages to actually get
> moved to their new root?

Subpages. Pretty sure I saw the raw subpage list feature interface
members referenced at their prior location. There were a few other
times over the last week I may have run across latency problems, and
my superstitious inclination was to force a reload.

>> * The apis/css-regions page's "list subpages" option dumps a raw list
>>    of links not only to each interface, but to each interface's
>>    members.  Ideal in this context would be a table of interfaces,
>>    featuring Name/Summary info generated from each subpage.
>>
> We could probably switch from PrefixIndex to SubPageList and add a checkbox
> for "kidsonly".

Alternately, fold members into collapsible accordion lists, interface
tagged as HTML5 summary, and members listed within details tag.

>> * As a result of the move, the page for each interface lost the tables
>>    referencing property/method/event subpages. That's because under
>>    "Basic property configuration" for each member, the "Applies to API
>>    object" field that defines the member's parent reflects the old
>>    location. Can the "move" operation be modified to account for this?
>
> Hmm, not out of the box. Maybe that's something for the planned admin-tool /
> bot.

Requires a good deal of manual work to fix. Perhaps add a note in the
template for the time being that you may need to clean it up after the
move.

--Mike Sierra