Re: A finished icon proposal for the WPD main topics

Hi, Séb-

On 12/13/12 4:02 PM, Sébastien Desbenoit wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here are some tries. IMHO, we need to be as figurative as possible in
> order to the user to understand the title just with those icons, that's
> why I think the logo of CSS, the {{{}} solutions and the html5 - css
> icons are tricky to work with. The same issue applies to html that's why
> I made an < > icon with the shield one, I'm not sure users link shield
> and html, I don't.

I think most developers link HTML with the HTML5 logo... maybe I'm
wrong. What about a solid shield, with small white < > inside? Too busy?

> I edit the DOM too, but DOM is more abstract, so we have me free space.
>
> DOM -> icons-DOM-2 <https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=1288>

Still too busy. Maybe rethink the whole thing, away from the tree
iconography? or use a different nesting metaphor? Sorry to be
unhelpful... I'll play with a couple ideas myself.

> CSS v2 -> icon-CSS-2 <https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=1289>

This CSS one works much better for me! Nice work.

> HTML v2 -> icon-html2
> <https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=1290>
> HTML v3 -> icon-html3
> <https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=1291>

See above. I'd be happy with the shield, myself.

Regards-
-Doug